Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Eat & Bloom via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Eat & Bloom and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Eat & Bloom and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.eatandbloom.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Eat & Bloom is the "data controller". This means that Eat & Bloom determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. I may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. gender, demographic information;
How I collect Data
6. I collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to me by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to me by you
7. Eat & Bloom will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact me through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you complete surveys that I use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
c. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
d. when you make payments to me, through this Website or otherwise;
e. when you elect to receive marketing communications from me;
f. when you use our services and/or complete a health questionnaire online or via email;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, I will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. I automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps me to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by me from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by me for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. I may use your Data for the above purposes if I deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, I'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with me (for example, you contact me to ask for more details about a particular product/service, and I are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, I will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, I’m required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that I'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Who I share Data with
12. I may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from any third party professional coaches or advisors;
Keeping Data secure
13. I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. I store your Data on secure servers and, if you’re a coaching client, on a secure client management platform.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if I delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access- the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. If I provide you with access to the information I hold about you, I will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where I’m legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request. If I refuse your request, I will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct- the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase- the right to request that I delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data- the right to "block" me from using your Data or limit the way in which I can use it.
e. Right to data portability- the right to request that I move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object- the right to object to our use of your Data including where I use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact me via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by me, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your Data changes during the period for which I hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
24. I may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
With any further questions, you may contact me by email at email@example.com.